Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oslo, Norway-last leg of trip

Ok, so we fell down on the job these last few days.  We are staying in the Hostel in Oslo (it is all uphill - don't think we ever got a picture of it so you would know how very long and steep the hill was) and they have internet connection but not in the rooms, only in the public areas, so it has made it inconvient to try and post stuff.  We spent two days, Monday and Tuesday walking a lot.  We have seen the folk museum, just walked into the Viking Museum but didn't pay to look around.  Tuesday we saw the King's palace and the changing of the guards and a lot of statues.  We still have luggage stories and transportation nightmares but now we have added camera problems.  My camera battery died on Saturday in Kongsberg and went to change with the extra battery I bought just for the trip.  We have searched high and low and torn everything apart looking for it but it must be at home somewhere.  So we have just been using Holly's camera because has recharable battery but then her disk was full.  I thought I would come to the resuce with the extra disk I brought but alas it was a generic brand and could never get it to format so it would not work.   So in the middle of our Tuesday outing we are now camera less. We decided we are done.   I guess it is a good thing we are coming home tomorrow.   We have one last luggage dragging session and one last trying to find the right spot to catch the bus that goes out to the airport.  Wish us luck.

 Here are a few pictures but not really any commetary to go with them.  Thought we had more pictures of changing of the guard but remember they are on Holly's internal memory in her camera but don't know how to get to them.  So that's all folks.   I need to go pack and need to pack up the computer.  Bye bye from Norway.  When we post some more pictures we will be back home.  Tami


<><>
<>
<><>
One of those live statues


This is luggage we are glad we don't have to haul around.  At least ours has wheels.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, Holly and Tami - You have some very awesome stories to tell about little miracles that not only added to your trip, but may also lead to other sources for help in our family history.

I read about your problems with your cameras. In your backpack I included a memory stick reader that can down load all your pictures to the PC. It should then clear your memory disk for more pictures.

I am prepared to pick you up at SEATAC about 5:45 pick up. I realize it will take you some tike through customs, but I will meet you at your luggage carousel.
Elwin

Pamela Berry said...

wow! i'll be sad to not look up your blogspot each day! Thanks for taking us along. We have loved being with you on this trip. We look forward to seeing you soon! Take Care!

telisha said...

I wish my mom didn't take all my comments from me. I guess we just think too much alike hehe. It was fun checking up on you and taking a peek into your trip. Love ya, can't wait to hear the rest of your stories.